On this page we will detail how to correctly register a Client in OpenERP. The Client file is part of the OpenERP Masters.
Keep in mind that OpenERP is an ERP, worth the redundancy. In an ERP everything is related. One module uses data from another. In the Client file we will indicate data that will be used later by other modules. Being a teacher, the configuration we make here can later affect the behavior of the program, so it is essential that this task be carried out with the greatest care.
CUSTOMER CARD GENERAL Tab
The attached image shows the general tab of the Client’s file. Keep in mind that we have added the base_contacts module that is not installed in the basic profiles by default, therefore our Client Card structure has been expanded and changed.
First of all, that is to say that in OpenERP a partner is a Client and / or a supplier. A partner is a company. In the header fields we establish:
- The name (required, in lilac)
- The code in the event that we have the Clients coded.
- The title and language
- If you are just a Client, click on Client.
- If you are also a supplier, click on Supplier
- If it is the 2 things, Click on the 2 boxes. The data of a Client who is also a Provider is registered only once and in this way. It is not necessary to include your details in duplicate.
In the standard application, multiple addresses can be entered for a customer and in each address the name of a contact. With the extra module, we have added the possibility of including the registration of several contacts at the same address.
Next I am going to detail only those fields that, because they affect other modules or are required, need to be explained. The obvious ones or those whose name is already clear enough, I will skip them.
(Comment that if there is a small question next to the name of the field, if you place the cursor on it, it will give you information about said field)
GENERAL BLOCK tab Address.
On the right, you can see the buttons the same as those at the top but in a small size. They allow you to add, open, delete and the arrows to move from one direction to another of the Client. If you want to show this block in list format, instead of in Form format, press the list button (the one on the right)
Those fields that show a magnifying glass and a folder on their right, mean that they cannot be typed. You have to select the value of the field from another master file. For example, in the Country field, you have to select the Country to which the Client belongs.
These fields work as follows.
- If you write a value and press enter, the system will search the master table from which the value should be fetched.
- If what we have written exists in the table and there is only one record. Place it directly.
- If it exists and there are several, it will present a list of the matches that have the string we have written. In the list we will select the correct value and it will bring it up.
- If you prefer, to find the value, click on the magnifying glass without writing anything and the complete list will open where you can select the value you want to put. This list is not closed. At the bottom, on the screen that opens, you have the new, search, cancel and accept buttons, which allow
- Add new values to the list
- Perform advanced searches based on the fields shown in the header of this screen.
- Pressing accept will drag the value selected in the list, or the new value created, to the previous screen.
- The folder button allows you to modify the text shown in the option selected from the list.
GENERAL tab BLOCK Contacts.
The block of contacts within an address is displayed by default in list format. By pressing the button to the right within this block we will be able to see the file of this contact.
Likewise, we can add, modify, delete contacts or move through their files with the green dates using the buttons shown on the right above within the block.
Sales & Purchases tab
In this tab, the parameters necessary for a correct management of purchases and sales with this Client are specified.
Dedicated salesperson: You can specify the salesperson or the team that serves the Client in our company.
- In OpenERP the stock registration is bidirectional. It means that a warehouse entry will have its counterpart. It is always specified from where to where the material moves.
- In the case of purchases from suppliers, the movement of material that is registered will be from the supplier’s warehouse to our warehouse. In the case of sales to the Customer, a movement from our warehouse to the Customer’s warehouse will be recorded. In the Customer Location and Supplier Location fields, the warehouses that will be used in the subsequent registration of material movements will be established. If we do not care to specify exactly which warehouses the Client has or it is not interesting to define a warehouse by Client, it is possible to preset that the default warehouse is a generic one and always the same. We will call this Customer or Customer Warehouse or whatever we want to call it.
Properties for Sale and Purchase:
Here we establish the rate that applies to you as a Client and the rate that applies to us as a provider. The rate configuration requires an exclusive section, so for the moment we leave it that way.
Shows all the history of interactions with the Client. Interaction records can be created manually from the tab itself and records will also appear automatically. For example, if a ticket, incident, call, meeting, appointment … is registered, they will also appear on this tab.
This tab is firmly related to the OpenERP CRM or Customer Service module.
You can add all the free text you want.
In order for the accounting movements with this Client / Supplier to be correctly recorded, it is necessary to have this form filled out.
Account Receivable: Indicate the accounting account code where the movements are recorded.
Account to pay: Indicate the code of the cotnable account where the movements are registered.
Payment term: It establishes the form of payment of that Client or that provider. For example: Turn at 30 days. This will generate an automatic collection effect, with an expiration date of 30 days from the creation of the invoice, within the buying and selling cycles.
Obviously, in order to assign a specific form of payment, it will have to be previously configured in its corresponding master, or if not, we must press the magnifying glass button and the add button to create the one that corresponds to the Client / Provider that we are registering.
Customer Credit and Supplier Debt : They are automatically calculated by the system. They are informational fields.
Credit granted: We indicate in this box the risk limit granted to this Client or granted by this provider.
In this tab, we will indicate the list of banks that the Client provides us to make the charges. Likewise, we will use the add, folder, delete, back-forward and list buttons to manage them.
A customer can be added to different categories. For example,
- We may have Customer segmentations by areas established by the marketing department. We can have segmentations by billing volume, by type of Client … for whatever we need.
REPORTS, WIZARDS, ACCIONES (ACTIONS)
In programming language the objects shown on the right of the screen are called like this.
- Reports: These are the reports that we can print and that are related to this object. In this case, in Clients we can print the late payments of this Client and labels. We could add any other report we need about Clients, or use an extra report module to add more options in this section
- Wizards: Processes that can be launched from this object. In the case of this tab, the wizards Make Case, send e-mail, send sms, company architecture (company structure) have been defined
- Actions: Allows you to navigate to other objects or other modules that are related to this:
- Contacts: Open the contacts of the current tab. Full maintenance can be done on them.
- Schedule Phone Call: Allows you to schedule a call at a specific time.
- Open cases: Navigate to cases (tickets, claims, incidents, Customer suggestions)
- Sales: Orders, sales delivery notes
- Purchases: Orders, purchase notes
- All accounting entries
- Collection and payment accounts
- Events (edit)
Anyway, as you can see, practically EVERYTHING related to a Client or a supplier is accessible from their file.