OpenERP is an application whose programming is Object Oriented. This means that any element that we see on the screen or on which we can act, is an object. They are objects: A menu, a Customer file, the customer, an order, a production order, a report… they are all objects.
Depending on the type of object in question, we can carry out one or more actions on it. We can also see an object in different ways, for example in the form of a tree, showing its related objects, or in the form of a tab showing its associated data.
Once a profile is installed, we will see that a series of menus are displayed on the left side. They are the main modules.
If we click on it, we will see on the right the submenus that show these menus. The image shows an Example of the OpenERP menus where the finance, services and manufacturing profiles have been installed.
All the main menus consist of a Configuration section where master data of each module and the operating menus of said module will be defined. Usually user permissions are configured so that the configuration menu can only be modified by administrators or advanced users of the application.
In this case, the Sales Management option shows the Sales Order, Sales order lines and reports options.
Double-clicking on any of the lines in the menu on the right will open a list of the objects it contains. In this case:
- Clicking on sales orders will show ALL sales orders.
- If we double click on My Sales Order, it will show only those that are being managed by the user who is accessing the application.
- If we click on any of the objects shown in the list, its file will open.
SEARCH in a list:
- In the image above you can see several fields at the top of the screen. It is a search form to filter the list and locate the object we need.
- All objects that show an object list, incorporates this search tool.
- Just type a string in any of the fields it shows and hit enter or the filter button. The system will locate those objects that contain that string in that field. In the example, we have put GRO in the partner field (company) and it shows all those orders from companies in whose name there is the string GRO. In this case, Agrolait.
- In addition to this search form, we also have an advanced search form, which will contain more fields that we can search through. The most common ones are usually shown in the main form and the additional ones in the advanced one.
Clicking on one of the lines of the list will open the FILE of the selected object. In the case of an order, its header and its lines. In the case of a Client, their data, their addresses, contacts … everything related to this object.
Next we are going to see roughly the file of the Sales order and that of the Client.
By clicking on the order history tab, we access the invoices and delivery notes associated with it.
If we click on any of the associated delivery notes or invoices, we will open said delivery note and / or invoice.
One of the menus that we must understand when we install the application is the administration one. From here we can:
- Create users and assign access permissions to any object in the application.
- Update the list of installed modules and install them. For it:
- Modules -> Update list of modules
- Modules not installed -> Shows the list of missing modules to be installed
- Select the one you want to install
- Install module button (bottom right button)
- Install planned modules button (in the menu on the right, above)